Here’s the Finance Fridays Roadmap Update (1-11-2019):
So pour some coffee, sit back, relax and click on some of these links:
** denotes new since last roadmap update
Stock Photo From: Pixabay
I cleaned up this post a bit for this update since we have a lot of posts to deal with now:
I added bullets and made some subheadings and I’m hoping that will make it easier to navigate.
I don’t know anything about Finance and Investing:
Ok, I’m beginning to understand now… what else you got?
- Compound Interest
- Index Funds
- The Biggest Mistake of Your Life
- Black Friday Puts You in the Red
- How to Make $400k/yr and Be “Broke”
- Credit Card Debt
- ETFs versus Mutual Funds
More commentary on Index Funds (passive) versus Actively Managed Funds:
- Could Index Funds Be Bad?
- Actively Managed Funds (Gambling)
- President Elect Trump and the Stock Market
- Stock Market FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)
- Warren Buffet’s Long Bet
- **Bogle’s Warning
What about a Financial Advisor?
How can I save money for college for my kids?
- What is a 529?
- Choosing a 529
- Let’s Talk About 529s
- My 529 Allocation
- Let’s Talk More About 529s
- 529s and the New Tax Law 2018
Ok, I think I get it now… but where should I put my money?
Originally posted in Medicine Mondays, but relevant:
Roth 401k/403b in Residency
- Roth 401k/403b in Residency
- Roth 401k/403b in Residency How To
- Roth 401k/403b in Residency Portfolios
- Roth 401k/403b in Residency Analysis
- Roth 401k/403b in Residency Case Report
IRA and its variations
- What is a Roth?
- Traditional IRA versus Roth IRA
- SEP-IRA, SIMPLE IRA, and Solo 401k
- Spousal IRA
- Backdoor Roth IRA and Why You Need One
- Roth IRA for Kids
- Should I use a Roth 401k?
- Another Case for a Roth 401k
- **New 401k and Roth IRA Limits 2019
- Taxes and Tax Withholding
- What is a 1031 Exchange?
- Taxable Accounts
- Being Tax Efficient
- 529s and the New Tax Law 2018
- Tax Refund
Financial Exercises (to make you think)
- My (Financial) Living Will
- What is the Rule of 72?
- Trimming the Fat
- Many Paths to the Top of the Mountain
- The Value of a Dollar
- Why Do Doctors Buy Big Houses?
- What is “Your Number”?
- Do I really need an Emergency Fund?
- Windfall Management Exercise
- How Much is Too Much?
- What if I retired today?
- Trimming the Fat (Again)
- **The Mountain Revisited
- **The 20 Year Career
More Perspectives on Finances and Wealth
- Passive Income doesn’t start Passively
- Risk and Responsibilities
- Financial Flexibility
- Starting a Family
- Falling Off the Wagon
- Stealth Wealth
- The Most Precious Commodity
- Lifestyle Creep
- The Case for Leasing a Car
- Different Numbers for Different People
- It’s the Little Things
- Being a Doctor in Hawaii
- **Federal Government Benefits
- **Hindsight is 20/20
- **Non-Monetary Returns on Investments
- **Money isn’t real
- **The Social Media Joneses
- **Books are Unlimited
- **Monetizing My Blog
- **Buy the Best versus Buy Cheap
- Retiring Early
- How to Retire Early
- Early Retirement is Easy?
- Best Bang for Your Buck Retirement Locations
- The Checklist
- **Stuff versus Time and physician FIRE comments
- **Passive Basic Needs
- **Suze Orman and the $5 million retirement
Also, kind of related:
Investing outside “The Philosophy“
Cryptocurrency (High Stakes Gambling)
Stuff I like:
What do you think? Is this Roadmap Helpful?
Questions, Comments and Suggestions are welcome.
You don’t need to fill out your email address, just write your name or nickname.
Like these posts? Make sure to subscribe to get email alerts!